Required to start May 2022, permanent, full time (37 hours per week), term time (40 weeks per year). Starting salary £19,793 pa (fte £22,571). Applicants interested in part time hours also considered.
We would also welcome applications from individuals who are interested in part time hours.
The academy is looking for a well-organised, self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills. You will work with identified SEND students, including through providing one-to-one support and guidance, to remove barriers to learning.
As part of this role, you will spend time working one-to-one with a student who has identified learning and medical needs, ensuring that neither of these needs becomes a barrier to their education. These include:
- Continuous monitoring of medical equipment. Interpreting information and responding appropriately.
- Logging learning and medical information to enable effective sharing with parents and professionals.
- Managing catch-up sessions to cover any missed learning.
- Ongoing liaison and communication with home.
You will receive specialist training to enable you to carry out this role and will, when needed, share this specialist knowledge with colleagues across the trust.
In your wider role as a member of the LSA team, you will provide support and guidance to students, helping them to access their learning in order to promote effective participation, enhance individual learning, raise aspirations and help students to achieve their full potential.
Essential requirements include:
- Relevant Level 3 qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Appropriate Level 2 in both English and Maths at a grade C or above.
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of the practices and procedures within education relating to the welfare, safety and education of pupils.
- An understanding of principles of child development and learning processes.
- Experience of working with pupils of relevant age in a school setting.
For an informal discussion about this role or to arrange a visit, please contact, Jamie Woodcock, SENCo on 01946 820356.
West Lakes Academy and West Lakes Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced check with regulated activity via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: 09.00 on Monday 23 May 2022.
Please return all completed application packs to email@example.com.